1.Marc Jacobs was born on April 9th, 1963 in New York City.
2.Marc graduated from the High School of Art and Design and went to Parson’s School of Design. There, he was the recipient of the Design Student of the Year award, among others.
3. In 1987, Marc received The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent, a year after he designed his first Marc Jacobs collection.
4. He went on to win seven CFDA awards including Womenswear Designer of the Year, Accessories Designer of the Year and Menswear Designer of the Year.
5. Marc introduced his more affordable line, Marc by Marc Jacobs, in a S
pring 2001 runway show. Then, in 2009, he released a collection under the Marc by Marc Jacobs label called “Don’t Miss the Marc”, which featured colorful, playful and more affordable clothes – compared to his designer label, anyway!
6. In 2011, Mr. Jacobs was ranked 12th on Out magazine’s annual list of “50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America”.
7. Marc is currently the Creative Director at Louis Vuitton, a position he has held since 1996.
9. Marc, along with his business partner, Robert Duffy, frequently give back to communities where they have stores; they’re involved with more than 60 charities across the globe.
10. Mr. Jacobs has a TON of tattoos. His exclusive tattoo artist, Scott Campbell, has applied the following images to MJ’s body: an M+M’s character, SpongeBob Squarepants, a Simpsons-style portrait of Marc himself, a couch, and the phrases “Shameless”, “Bros before Hos”, and “Perfect”. It’s estimated that Marc has around 30 tattoos. When asked about his tattoo collection, Marc Jacobs said the following:
“Will I regret it someday? I don’t know, but I’m not going to deny myself this pleasure today because of what I don’t know in the future.”