Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hot Dogs and Hamburgers in Paradise: Cathy Horyn, Oscar de la Renta Resolve Fight


Cathy Horyn and Oscar de la Renta must have resolved the name-calling scuffle they had in September: the fashion critic was spotted front row at the designer's Pre-Fall 2013 show Monday night.
WWD reports that Horyn not only showed up at the show, but made a point of telling the brand's president, Alex Bolen, she was wearing one of the designer's dresses. We saw Bolen talking with Horyn before the show began; the two later walked toward backstage, where Horyn talked with the designer before the show.
"I told her we probably approach fashion in two different ways," de la Renta said. "I respect her way and I hope she respects my way. My vision of fashion is for my customers. I read every single article she writes on fashion. I never hold grudges."
In her review of de la Renta's Spring 2013 collection, Horyn called the designer a "hot dog." De la Renta responded with a full-page ad in WWD, asking "If you have the right to call me a hot dog why do I not have the right to call you a stale 3-day old hamburger?" Horyn later told us that she "used the term in a professional context, as someone showing off his tricks, like a surfer

No comments:

Post a Comment