Thursday, December 6, 2012

Poppy Couldn't Congratulate Cara Delevingne On Her Model Of The Year Win For Three Days


Following in the footsteps of Chanel muse Poppy, Cara Delevingne has taken to modelling like a duck to water. In fact, the 20-year-old is so flippin’ brilliant that the industry celebrated her skills (and let’s not forget her amazing eyebrows) when she scooped the Model of the Year gong at the British Fashion Awards. It’s no surprise then that one person in particular is feeling pretty darn excited for Mini Delevingne.

‘I had a little sob’, Poppy told Grazia Daily. We met the blonde beauty at the Corinthia Hotel yesterday as she herself is continuing a stellar modelling career as the face of jewellery designer Thomas Sabo. ‘I had just landed in Korea,' she continued. 'It could have been the jet-lag, it could have been the fact it was 4am and I’d been on a flight for 16 hours but I think it was also the fact I was ridiculously proud.’

Poppy, who is six years older than Cara, found out about her sibling’s win via Twitter. ‘It was the first thing I did when I landed,' she told us. 'I saw that Alexa Chung had won her award – that girl, three times – and I thought that was the last award to be given out. I was in a total panic but then I saw Laura Bailey’s tweet. She said, ‘Model of the year...The extraordinary Miss @CaraDelevingne. Wrote that before it happened. #BFA’. I was gutted I wasn’t there to see her little face and give her a squeeze.’

So how did she congratulate her? ‘I tried to call her to say congratulations but I was unable to get hold of her for about three days! I was going bananas. I was like, ‘Call. Me. Back. This is so important’. But eventually I spoke to her and she was chuffed, she was thrilled to bits. Who wouldn’t be? It was momentous.’
It sure was. Something tells us we’ll be seeing a lot more of this delightful Delevingne duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment